Saturday, December 8, 2007

D'oh.

Not Levora. Aviane. (generic for Alesse; 0.1 mg levonorgestrol, 20 µg ethinyl estradiol). Because it wasn't actually Levora the doctor prescribed, it was Lutera, only she wrote it wrong as "Luvera," which isn't even a real drug, so the pharmacy was like "huh?" and then they ended up substituting it instead of just correcting it and then there were a whole bunch of phone calls and fuck if I know, at least this stuff appears to be birth control of some sort.

I would not be entirely surprised if upon taking this stuff, my seasonal allergies are cured and I have a baby.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, yeah pharmacies do that a lot. They tell you something else is cheaper (which is good), but the cheaper versions sometimes have a higher dose of certain hormones.

    And what is it with goddamn doctors and their inability to write clearly? You'd think it'd be the first thing they teach them at med school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S - This one's actually a lower dose, which is probably good.

    I'm a premed and my handwriting looks like it's from a blindfolded third-grader. I eagerly look forward to becoming part of the problem.

    ReplyDelete